What is a conceptual framework?
A conceptual framework is â€œa set of relatively abstract and general concepts that address the phenomena of central interest to a discipline, the propositions that broadly describe those concepts, and the propositions that state relatively abstract and general relations between two or more of the conceptsâ€ (Butts & Rich, 2018, p. 96).
Conceptual frameworks have a practical value because they guide research and practice. Each conceptual framework of nursing gives the disciple a unique perspective of the metaparadigm concept and provides a path for concrete theories.
In this assignment, you are going to locate a conceptual framework that you could use in advanced nursing practice. Explain how your chosen conceptual framework of nursing relates to the unique perspective of the metaparadigm concept of person/client, nurse, health, and environment and apply the value of a conceptual framework to advanced nursing roles. Keep in mind, that the conceptual framework is used to allow for practical applications of the metaparadigm concept that will lead to a concrete theory.
Philosophies and theories for advanced nursing practice
- Chapter 4: “Theory as Practiceâ€
- Chapter 5: “Components and Levels of Abstraction in Nursing Knowledge”
LINK TO BOOK: https://books.google.com/books?id=7tdLDgAAQBAJ&printsec=frontcover&dq=Philosophies+And+Theories+For+Advanced+Nursing+Practice+3RD+18&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj3pviH9ebhAhXCxFkKHZC1CqYQ6AEILzAB#v=onepage&q=Philosophies%20And%20Theories%20For%20Advanced%20Nursing%20Practice%203RD%2018&f=false
For this Assignment, your paper must be 2 to 3 pages, not including the title and reference pages. Minimum requirement of at least five sources of support with in-text citation. SOURCES MUST BE NO LESS THAN 5 YEARS OLD
Grading Rubric for this Assignment is attached please make sure the assignment follows the rubric
Before finalizing your work, you should:
- Minimum requirement of at least five sources of support
- be sure to read the Assignment description carefully (as displayed above);
- consult the Grading Rubric (under the Course Resources) to make sure you have included everything necessary; and
- utilize spelling and grammar check to minimize errors.
Your writing Assignment should:
- follow the conventions of Standard English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.);
- be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful;
- display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics; and
- use APA 6th Edition
- PLEASE FOLLOW RUBRIC. NO PLAGIARISM, ASSIGNMENT MUST MEET POST REQUIREMENT AS WELL AS RUBRIC IN ORDER TO BE ACCEPTED. WILL CHECK FOR PLAGIARISM AND WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED IF PLAGIARISM IS DETECTED .