Savvy Essay Writers Applied Sciences Online Assignment Help
science discussion 4
Food for Energy
The kitchen may be the one room in which most people are most aware of the different systems and units of measurements used in the house and around the world. In the United States (U.S.), milk is bought by the gallon, sugar by the pound, soda by the liter, and cereal by the ounce. After you unpack your groceries you store some in the freezer at 0°F or indulge in a snack by baking a treat in your preheated oven at 350°F. As you can see, you can encounter many different units of measurement just in the kitchen.
Humans need food for energy. The amount of energy in a food can also be measured as calories. There is a relationship between the amount of energy we take in and the energy we expend every day. Eating foods from all food groups is important, but how do you decide what to eat? Each meal should be evaluated to include the proper food groups and nutrients.
To start this week’s Discussion, review the information found at the website below and address the following questions:
Choose MyPlate. (n.d.). Retrieved December 15, 2016, from https://www.choosemyplate.gov/
- Why do different people require different amounts of food and therefore energy? Identify the daily recommended caloric intake for your age and sex.
- Calories are simply a form of measurement. Choose your favorite food and provide the caloric information for 1 serving. Then provide an example of the amount of an activity needed to burn off that much energy.
- What food groups are necessary for a balanced meal? How do your measure a portion?
- Culture, personal experience and the environment impact human health. Provide an example of how children or adults make food choices unrelated to their body’s needs?
- Childhood obesity is an increasing problem in the United States. Propose a way to educate children about food choices and how food can impact their health.
Be sure to review the Discussion Board Course Rubrics.
For help with citations, refer to the APA Quick Reference Guide.
Use this reference when referring to your text:
Trefil, J., & Hazen, R. M. (2016). The sciences: An integrated approach. Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
Why Choose Us Savvy Essay Writers Online Assignment Help
Savvyessaywriters.org is a leading academic writing service helping students attain the peaks of academic success for more than 12 years now.
More than 5000 subject matter experts deliver comprehensive online assignment help at some of the most economical prices in the industry. Fantastic grades are guaranteed when you get your Savvy Essay online assignments done by our formidable army of experts. Our prices are light on the pocket, and our quality online Savvy assignment help is a beacon of academic rigor. Try our Savvy Essay Writers today