https://savvyessaywriters.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/output-onlinepngtools-27-1-300x63.png 0 0 admin https://savvyessaywriters.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/output-onlinepngtools-27-1-300x63.png admin2020-12-04 10:49:242020-12-04 10:49:24week 4 stastics
week 4 stastics
Open up the small Excel database that is linked below.
With this database, you will:
- Identify and list categorical and continuous variables.
- Calculate frequencies and percentages for all of the categorical variables, and means, and standard deviations for the continuous variables.
- Run a one-sample z test of proportions for one categorical variable. Here is an example in terms of wording: “Is the proportion of English speaking patients greater than 50%?” Using .05 level of significant test the appropriate hypotheses.
- Write the null and alternate hypotheses
- What is the proportion of English speaking patients
- What is the standard error and z statistics
- Find critical z and p value. Is the p value significant? Conclusion?
- Run an independent samples t-test to compare two groups of people (specified by a dichotomous variable) on one continuous variable. Using .05 level of significant test the appropriate hypotheses. In order to run this test statistics you have to re-arrange your data.
- Write the null and alternate hypotheses.
- What is the calculated mean for each group?
- What is the confidence interval for each group?
- What is the critical t value?
- Is the p value significant? Conclusion?
Need Excel help? Click on the Excel Function Help Workbook under Course Materials.