2. Read the required chapter(s) of the textbook and any additional recommended resources. Some answers may require you to do additional research on the Internet or in other reference sources. Choose your sources carefully.
3. Consider the discussion and the any insights you gained from it.
4. Create your Assignment submission and be sure to cite your sources, use APA style as required, check your spelling.
Compose a research-based essay and informational brochure focusing on childrenâ€™s cognitive development during the preschool years, as described by two theorists from your readings. This essay must be in APA format with a minimum of three (3) professional references.
- In your essay, provide a comprehensive explanation of the different cognitive development areas and stages, as described by your two chosen theorists.
- Discuss how you would use this information in your classroom or in your home with your own children. How would you modify activities and the environment to address the different cognitive development areas? What would each of the two theorists say about the kinds of activities and materials they would suggest that your classroom or home should have?
- Pick one cognitive area and design a 15-minute lesson to target the area and develop the specific cognitive skill.
The essay should be 1200-1500 words and should include at least three (3) citations. The sections should be clearly marked with headings so that your instructor knows which points you are addressing. Follow the guidelines for APA writing style. The title page and references page so not count towards the minimum word amount for this assignment.
Create a research-based brochure that serves as an informational resource for parents and teachers on the stages, skill, and learning activities that help children develop cognitive areas. Include information about language and how to develop it in an educational or home setting.
There should be six panels on the brochure (i.e., a trifold). Use wisely all the panels and include a solid balance between text and graphics. Three (3) references must be included on this brochure.