I have been a Computer Services Consultant at University, a Grants Operations Manager, and a Program Manager at a TEch Company.
Review both questions and choose one to answer. We will evaluate your writing on two primary criteria: clarity of thought and expression (i.e., Did you explain your point well?) and organization and structure (i.e., Does it flow? Does it make sense?).
- Clearly indicate the question you have selected at the top of your response
- Respond in narrative form and limit the use of bullets/outline form
- Type your response in rich text format (i.e., MS Word)
- Do not include any confidential or proprietary information
- Your response should be approximately two pages, either double or single spaced
- Include your first and last name in the document file name (i.e. John.Smith.Assessment)
Writing Exercise Questions (select one):
- Most decisions are made with analysis, but some are judgment calls not susceptible to analysis due to time or information constraints. Please write about a judgment call youâ€™ve made recently that couldnâ€™t be analyzed. It can be a big or small one, but should focus on a business issue. What was the situation, the alternatives you considered and evaluated, and your decision making process? Be sure to explain why you chose the alternative you did relative to others considered.
- What is the most inventive or innovative thing youâ€™ve done? It doesnâ€™t have to be something thatâ€™s patented. It could be a process change, product idea, a new metric or customer facing interface â€“ something that was your idea. It cannot be anything your current or previous employer would deem confidential information. Please provide us with context to understand the invention/innovation. What problem were you seeking to solve? Why was it important? What was the result? Why or how did it make a difference and change things?