Case Study: Prescribed Drugs with CAMs
A 35-year-old male, Mr. NX, presents to your clinic today with complaints of back pain and â€œjust not feeling good.â€ Regarding his back, he states that his back pain is a chronic condition that he has suffered with for about the last 10 years. He has not suffered any specific injury to his back. He denies weakness of the lower extremities, denies bowel or bladder changes or dysfunction, and denies radiation of pain to the lower extremities and no numbness or tingling of the lower extremities. He describes the pain as a constant dull ache and tightness across the low back.
He states he started a workout program about 3 weeks ago. He states he is working out with a friend who is a body builder. He states his friend suggested taking Creatine to help build muscle and Coenzyme Q10 as an antioxidant so he started those medications at the same time he began working out. He states he also takes Kava Kava for his anxiety and garlic to help lower his blood pressure.
His historical diagnoses, currently under control, are:
Type II diabetes since age 27
High blood pressure
His prescribed medications include:
Glyburide 3 mg daily with breakfast
Lisinopril 20 mg daily
Coumadin 5 mg daily
- Present this Assignment as a PowerPoint presentation with at least 10 slides
- Be sure to complete the assignment as the NP treating this family, not as a third party.
- You will use the Narrative notes section of the presentation to include the majority of your evidentiary support of your treatment choices and education of family complete with in-text citations using APA formatting, remember if you use photos from outside sources, they must be cited below within the Power Point.
Be sure to complete the assignment as the NP treating this family, not as a third party
- Create a COMMUNICATION PLAN( how patient is going to carry out treatment, not the same as a treatment plan) for mother and child for both prescriptive and non-prescriptive drug therapies.
- You will create a treatment plan for pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic intervention. For any medications you would use, you must provide rational for your choice including discussion of kinetics and dynamics of the drugs.
LINK TO BOOK
Pharmacotherapeutics for NP Prescribers
- Chapter 8: â€œAn Introduction to Pharmacogenomicsâ€
- Chapter 10: â€œHerbal and Nutritional Supplementsâ€
- Chapter 13: â€œOver-the-counter Medicationsâ€
PLEASE READ EVERYTHING CAREFULLY. MAKE SURE TO FOLLOW POST AS WELL AS RUBRIC. NO PLAGIARISM WILL BE ACCEPTED