https://savvyessaywriters.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/output-onlinepngtools-27-1-300x63.png 0 0 admin https://savvyessaywriters.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/output-onlinepngtools-27-1-300x63.png admin2020-10-27 11:28:112020-10-27 11:28:11geotechnical engineering 21
- In many areas of the world, soft clays are dredged from a coastal area near the sea and placed inside containment dikes with wiers for water to escape. The idea is to develop areas above the water surfacefuture construction. What chemical could be added to the slurry to enable it to gain strength in ashorter time than would be possible without chemicals ?
- A client has a property that she thinks contains clay minerals of sufficient quality and quantity that it may be possible to mine the clays, process them, and sell them commercially. She requests that you visit the property, obtain samples, determine the type of clay or clays present, and estimate the approximate quantity of clay available. With what you know so far from the first four chapters of the class textbook, (1) outline the field and laboratory procedures that you would use to find the clay type, and (2) outline the procedures you would use to find the extent of the clay materials on the property.
- At a site near San Francisco Bay, Bay Mud has been dredged and redeposited as a slurry, and it is desirable now to strengthen the dredged material. What chemical(s) additives could be used to improve the strength and other engineering characteristics of this slurry?
- Describe the fabric of a relict structure soil. In what part of North America would such structures most likely be found ?
- Calculate the specific surface of a cube (a) 28mm, (b) 75mm, (c) 90 Âµm, and (d) 7.0nm on a side. Calculate the specific surface in terms of both areas and m2/kg. Assume for the latter case that Ïs=2,500Kg/m3
- Draw the basic structure of all the clay minerals.