i put the questions and i need the answer of the contact information from philadelphia city pa also i wrote the incident of week 5 because the second question is related to it i need the answer in two to three pages with detailed answers
Identify the possible environmental impacts of a Hazardous Materials Event impacting Philadelphia community, list the governmental entities having responsibility to oversee and or control/mitigate such impact, with their contact numbers, added to your â€œmasterâ€ Incident Action Plan. Submit.
2. Take on the role as the Public Information Officer (PIO) and submit a press release pertaining to week 5 activities. Be prepared to answer questions from the media or community.
Some examples include –
Ask the PIO to provide a briefing that includes:
1. The situation status. 2. Additional road closures. 3. Evacuation routes. 4. Personal protective measures.
In addition, address the following:
- What is the local role in response to a hazardous materials incident?
- Who is responsible for cleanup operations?
- What is the role/responsibility of your organization and how does that impact or effect the state and federal systems?
- What is the definition of â€œHazardous Materialsâ€?
WEEK 5 Activity :
– January 19th at 23:00 PM (Local), an earthquake, magnitude 3.5, is experienced with an epi-center 5 miles from the response location. This is an unusual occurrence, with no prior recorded earthquakes in this area in recorded history.
– NDJ is an industrial concern in your county that has experienced significant impact from this event.
– NDJ processes industrial (electronics and specialty) and medical gases.
– As a result of the earthquake, several explosions were experienced in the plant.-
– Eight (8) employees remain unaccounted for at the present time.
– itâ€™s a moonless night at 23:15 local.
– Temperature at 1.7 (C)/35(F)/humidity 50%
– Winds are from the West, at 5-7 mph
â—¦Gusts up to 25 mph
– There is a odor of rotten eggs in the area downwind from the plant.
– Attempts to locate a Responsible Agent for the plant are frustrated by the failure of telephone and data lines. Cell phone network is crashing, though you have â€œPublic Service Priorityâ€ on your phones.
– Several employee who escaped are experiencing burning eyes and throats, and appear confused.
– The first medic unit reports 3 patients with symptoms of pulmonary edema.