leadership and management paper 2
In your paper, you will identify a large company to analyze in each of the areas of organizational leadership and management that we have discussed in this course. Your assignment is a formal research paper analyzing the company for its efforts in creating a positive organizational culture and a successful managerial strategy.
The scholarly paper should analyze your selected company in regard to its efforts over various areas of managerial oversight. Your analysis of the companyâ€™s leadership and managerial initiatives will result in a scorecard of sorts, measuring how the companyâ€™s efforts are succeeding, or where the company could focus to improve.
Students will demonstrate proficiency in business writing, including APA 6th ed. standards and citations, references, grammar, punctuation, headings, title page, and quality of sources with emphasis on scholarly references within the most recent two years. (Writing proficiency is worth 30% of earned grade).
Your paper should address how the companyâ€™s leaders and managers are performing in these strategic managerial focus areas (the content of the paper is worth 70% of the earned grade):
Influencing organizational culture including values, mission, and vision
- Report the organizationâ€™s values or guiding principles
- Include the organizationâ€™s mission
- Include the organizationâ€™s vision
Exemplifying traditional and contemporary leadership styles and ethical leadership practices
- Identify one or more styles of leadership studies this term and explain how it is observed in the leadership of the chosen organization.
- Identify a time or event that challenged the organizationâ€™s ethics and include how the management approached the problem with ethical leadership
Responsible decision-making and problem solving
- Report how the organization addresses problems and challenges. How does the organization attempt to solve these?
- Review the course content on responsible decision making. Identify a time or event when the organization displayed responsible decision making.
Motivating employees for performance through work environment, job design, and/or collaborative team environment
- Identify if there is a performance management program in place at the organization. How are employees evaluated and how are employees motivated to perform?
- Does the organization offer a unique work environment or job type or team environment that supports high performance?
Managing organizational change, organizational communication, and conflict management
- Identify a challenge the organization has been through. This could be either a time of change, or of conflict, or in a crisis communication plan. Choose at least one of these. Is there an example to demonstrate how the organization manages these challenges?
Strategic organizational initiatives in innovation or value creation
- What is the organization doing to innovate?
- Is there an example of how the organization is creating value?
- Is there a connection between the management strategy of the organization, and how it views innovation and new opportunities?
In-text citations where necessary