You will primarily be assessed on your ability to explain ideas from the course in your own words. You may quote from the readings (cite the author and page number) and discuss lecture content. Though you are welcome to study course content and clarify concepts together, we expect you to produce answers to these questions independently.
Data and You
- Zuboff says that â€œhuman experience is rendered into behaviorâ€ and that this is a fiction. Explain what she means by this (1 paragraph) and come up with an example of how data generated about you might create a fiction out of your â€œhuman experienceâ€ (1 paragraph).
Information and Public Life
For each of the following statements, choose True (T) or False (F) and write one sentence explaining why. (1 point each)
5. What are two ways the interests of the internet companies and the United States government have been aligned historically? (1 paragraph)
6. In Confessore, privacy expert Ashkan Soltani argues that â€œSilicon Valleyâ€™s [privacy] model puts the onus on the user to decide if the bargain is fair.â€ Drawing on sources from across the class, explain what he might mean by this statement. Name one policy alternative to relying on â€œthe user to decide.â€ (2-4 sentences)
7. Name two ways that the internet has transformed the work of doing journalism. Use examples from class and readings. ( 2 paragraphs)
Work, Labor, and Value
8. Explain what Nakamura means when she says “Labour must be cheap in order for digital culture to exist.” (1 paragraph)
9. Choose an internet company and give two examples of how your activities help create value for that company. Explain the activity and how the company gains value from that activity. (2 paragraphs).
Technology and Policy
10. When pressed to deal with the problem of harmful online content, Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg has publicly argued that Facebook is â€œa tech company not a media company.â€ Why does Zuckerberg make this distinction? Explain both the legal and cultural consequences of being â€œa tech companyâ€ instead of a â€œmedia company.â€ (1 paragraph)
This website may helps you answer the questions:
I uploaded readings which named Q+# is directly for you to answer the questions. And also I will upload some other readings to helps you answer the questions.