Find a data visualization to analyze that you find interesting or unusual. The visual can be one you think is good or one you think has problems. Once youâ€™ve found one youâ€™d like to work with, analyze the visual by answering the following questions:
- What type of visual is it?
- Is the visual appropriateness of the type for the data? Why do you think so?
- What is the purpose of the visual and who is the audience? How do you know, and what specific elements of the visual led you to your conclusion?
- Is the color use effective? Distracting? Does the color use make the visual more or less effective? Why?
- Does the design of the visual contribute to or detract from the clarity and accuracy of the visual? What specific elements support your conclusion?