Week #07 Discussion Topic
- You must respond to the question(s) posted for the week in less than 24 hours.
- Posting must be at least two paragraphs in length (4-6 sentences per paragraph), cited with references from the Online Lecture and Reading Materials.
- If I The Instructor response to your postings, then I will share with you his comments, and you will have 12 hours to respond to what the instructor asked you to do.
- Response MUST be based exclusively from Online Lecture and the Reading Material provided and NOT from any other outside sources. Plagiarism is not acceptable in any form and a score of zero will be given on the paper, as the paper will be checked by Turnitin Website for plagiarism.
- You have to read and understand the Online Lecture and the assigned reading materials that mentioned below. Then response to the Week Discussion Topic, by writing a response to the questions giving below.
- Also, you need to answer completely the attached file named “Week #07 ACTIVITY – The Gospel of Matthew-2” and you have 3 days to answer these questions completely.
Here is this Week’s Discussion Topic:
Recall that a PERICOPE is an individual unit of the gospel such as pronouncement stories, conflict stories and parables. That said, take a Pericope from the Gospel in Matthew not covered by another student (or from our discussion from previous weeks) and, utilizing the information presented in the Online Lecture and Reading Material, explain the story in the following manner:
What is Jesus trying to say?
How does his listeners receive the message (if applicable)?
What literary tool(s) is/are Mark using in the pericope?
How is this pericope utilized in the other gospels (if at all)?
How can we apply this message today? Use personal experiences if possible, to support your discussion.
As a way to help you, you might wish to go the bible passage you cover in the USCCB website on the bible and read the commentary of the text that is below the selection you choose. It might give you some context to the reading you have chosen. Here is the website to help you out…
You also are required to cite material from Johnson’s book and the Online Lecture to receive full credit for the weekly discussion.
Note: Make sure you cite the gospel chapter and verse as part of your answer.
Please Note: Your responses to initial postings should be based primarily on the content offered in the Online Lectures and the Reading Material.
Finally, KINDLY NOTE THAT I am Muslim and I just taking this course because itâ€™s required to complete my degree plan at my school, so please take that in consideration when you write the response.